Hey there! Are you looking for something to bring to a holiday party? We have the perfect thing for you! Try some vanilla popcorn. It’s tasty and festive. Our whole family loved it and like everything we share on our blog, it was so easy to make.
Although you can’t tell from the pictures, we sprinkled some colorful sugar on the popcorn, which felt like sprinkling some Christmas cheer!
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s super quick, for when you need to make a sweet snack in a pinch.
You can serve this treat in mugs, bowls or even shape it like a popcorn ball. It’s a perfect treat to bring to family, friends, etc. over the holidays too!
It’s one festive and easy treat. Here’s what we thought of it:
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Looks: I think it looked perfect and cheerful.
Taste: It tasted delicious and wonderful and I hope you think so too!
Level of Difficulty: Easy, very quick!
Looks: Very festive, especially in the mugs. I would have done colored sprinkles instead of colored sugar as I think it would have showed up a lot better.
Taste: If you like sweet and salty, you will absolutely love this treat!
Thank you Taste of Home for inspiring this recipe!
- 2 bags of microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir until mixture is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour over popcorn, sprinkle with salt and toss to coat.
- Cool slightly; break apart while warm. Store in an airtight container.
- (If desired, toss in some colorful sprinkles or colored sugar for a more festive look!)